Sunday, January 22, 2012

symptoms

After a few cycles/months of trying I felt I was getting pretty good at reading my body. Which was to say that the month that I actually did get pregnant was exactly the same as every other cycle. I have no tell-tale pregnancy symptoms until at least 5 or 6 weeks.
But here are some things I have noticed that are different lately:
- I was scatterbrained before, but now? It's on a whole new level. I forget to put ingredients into recipes, I wander around the house aimlessly because I've forgotten what I was doing and if I want to tell someone something it has to be right that very second or else I've already forgotten.
- Um, I have this increased love of bacon. I know bacon is much-loved by so many, and I always liked it, but now? LOVE. The amazing thing about bacon is that you can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and was it not so expensive here I probably would do just that. Good thing for my arteries it's expensive.
- I'm tired. This is not unusual for me. I am rarely physically sick during pregnancies but I am dog-tired. The annoying thing is that most nights when I actually try to get to bed on time, I toss and turn for what seems like hours before falling asleep.
- My previously favourite drink? Water. Now I still drink lots of water, but I'm finding myself adding flavourings into it. Jamie likes Crystal Light or Nestea packages, so that's what I've been using. So weird.
- I am cravings central. This morning I woke up thinking about my Mom's Sticky Buns that she serves {only} on Christmas morning. Lately I've been longing for a good donut. And one time in the middle of the night I woke up and thought, tomorrow for lunch, I'm going to make myself an egg salad sandwich. Then I promptly went back to sleep. The next day, that's exactly what I did and it.was.amazing. And then just this last week obviously my body was craving dairy because for dinner I made the creamiest mac 'n cheese {the pasta is cooked in milk!} and then vanilla pudding with slices of banana in it. so.much.dairy.
- I generally don't feel fantastic, but not nauseous or throwing up so for that I am giving thanks.
- oh and my boobs are ridiculously sore.
So that's me. I'm still trying really hard to work out 5 days a week, drink lots and take naps when I can if I can't get to sleep early enough.
Looking forward to Spain and the ocean and Spanish food like churros and their famous jamon {ham} sandwiches and tapas...mmm.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes! enjoy Spain!! I wish you plenty of sleep/rest, so take it whenever you can. Your symptoms sound alot like me right now, but I know I'm not preggo :) Oh, and on the topic of bacon - I watched a Cupcake Girls show and they made a 'meat-eater' one with bacon and maple...yummm, I might try to invent my own! Maybe I can make those buns when we come...in advance of Christmas morning!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good for you keeping up the exercise! I like your scatterbrained symptoms though it scares me to think I can become more forgetful than I already am if that time ever comes! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading about your symptoms & relating to SO many!!!

    Oh man, preggo brain is getting to me too! Sebby was supposed to have a doctors appointment today but I remembered at about 6:30pm...oops! Didn't even cross my mind all day.

    I also like to drink more juice & things during pregnancy. I even love fizzy water, like Perrier. Normal water seems to taste so flat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!