Saturday, April 14, 2012

20 weeks


halfway to meeting our sweet little boy!

I can't believe i forgot to post it here. Yes we found out on Wednesday that we are adding a third boy to our family! I'm so excited and happy and it's just funny how it's actually happening. "It" being the family I always pictured myself having for some reason. I could just see me and a bunch of little boys. And it's not that I'm a tomboy or anything. No, I love nail polish and dressing up {hence the picture, you better believe I'm now wearing shorts and a t-shirt now} and make-up, but for some reason...I just pictured a whole troop of boys!

My friend Kelly commented to me the other day {after I said that I actually know quite a few families with three boys in them} that she believes that God is raising up a generation of Godly men. The same thought had occured to me and I thought, what an absolute honour and privilege of being chosen to be a Mom to these little boys - one day to be men who I pray love and follow Jesus and lead others to do the same thing.
So cool.

So anyway, this dress is a second-hand one I picked up a couple weeks ago and it is a little short to wear here without leggings {anyone have maternity leggings you want to send me?} but I love and it and it makes me feel pretty. It's not a maternity dress, so I'll be able to wear it post-preggo too.

We still haven't decided on a name yet. I have one I really like. Jamie's warming up to it. But it's hard, ya know. After picking two other boys' names that you love and now having to think of a third. Once we do decide, though, we'll call the baby by his name. {I love being able to write "he" and "his"!}

8 comments:

  1. love all your maternity looks :) So pretty! Sam and I were just talking about how there's been an influx of boys turning into godly men in our church (and how the women have been lacking) but I totally agree with you! It's beautiful to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress looks lovely on you (:
    i want the weather to warm up so i can wear dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! :)

    so does "we'll call the baby by his name" mean the rest of the world gets to call him by his name, too? just wondering if we'll be in on it early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, indeed! I don't think we'll make a big "to-do" about the name until he arrives, but it won't be a secret like the first two were.

      Delete
  4. Ahhh love the top knot. hot hot hot! and that dress doesn't look too short! though...i have been known to "alter" clothing for more...air. even t-shirts! :) Love the big hoopers too. I love the name choosing bit. I'm so excited to meet baby mango!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tam! Yeah, it's not too short for me, but it's a bit too short for being HERE. {Culturally} Ya know?

      Delete
  5. Could you get any tinier as your sweet baby grows?? I love how great you look...hard work, I know, but good on ya! Excited for his name! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!