Tuesday, February 14, 2012

introducing baby Mater!

today was ultrasound day {or as they say, "scan"}.
our good friend james drove me as I wasn't familiar with the roads and it turns out it was right downtown so I'm glad I didn't drive.
I arrived on time and went in to see Alice, the ultrasound technician. she was nice but quiet and got right down to work.
it took me a few minutes but eventually I realized that there was a television screen showing me everything she could see. I saw my baby! a tear rolled out of my eye as I saw my baby for the first time. so sweet with arms and legs and just swimming around.
you wanna see? {of course you do.}


that's right! 3D ultrasound! we never got it done with Noah or Jude because it's just too expensive and we didn't want to have to get it done with our subsequent children. it just so happened that the technology she was using could do both 2D and 3D. lucky me!
mostly the baby {I keep wanting to say "he" although I'm sure it's more out of habit than anything else} just wanted to sleep so at one point Alice tried to prod the baby a bit and he/she ended up twisting and turning a couple times and then went back to sleep. we laughed at that.
also? the boys have nicknamed this baby "baby Mater" so until we find out the gender {if we do, I guess...the jury's still out} I think that name is sticking.

my midwife appointment went well. M is lovely and quite nice but the bad news? she's not going to be in Uganda when I give birth {which by the way, my due date is officially September 1st}. so I'm pretty bummed about that, but God knows and so I'm just trusting Him to take care all the details.
I got a tour of the hospital and it seems nice and decent enough.
so we'll see.

mostly though I'm just completely thrilled that I got to see baby Mater and that he/she is growing and healthy and...I have a baby inside me! amazing. best Valentine's gift ever. :)

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! what a sweet miracle.. baby Mater :) love it!! So great to have 3D as well, and so many pictures! I'll be praying for God's perfect peace over the midwife and delivery sit'n! so... when can we blurt out the good news??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er, probably not for another month or so. We'd like to keep it off Facebook for a little bit at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, what a wonderful Valentine gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a neat opportunity to have a 3D ultrasound!! And SO cool that they let you watch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!