Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spain and sickness

I've neglected this blog. All my blogs, actually. And the internet. We had no (free) internet in Spain and then since we've been home I've been really sick with a head cold/flu thing. I'm finally up and about (mostly) today although still extremely congested. How is it that pregnant women's immune systems are lowered and they can't take cold medication? That's just plain cruel.
And this time it was me who had to cancel my appointment with M as I was so sick I really couldn't make it in. So I've rescheduled for next Tuesday - Valentine's Day! I have an ultrasound in the morning at 10:30 and then the midwife appointment at 1:30. So hopefully it will be a really good Valentine's Day and I'll get to hear and see my baby!
There is a part of me that worries for this baby. I forgot to take my multivitamins most days in Spain and I've only been well enough today to remember to take them again. Is my baby getting the proper nutrients?
And then there's a ton of other things...the spray they spray up and down the aisles on the airplanes when leaving Africa (I breathed through my shirt). And then with being sick and having weird back pain...let's just say I've prayed a lot for this baby already.
Spain was lovely, though. I slept a lot and the boys did too! We could hear the ocean from our bedroom and during the afternoons in Nerja it got up to around 17 degrees which was absolutely lovely. It was like a warm autumn day. Absolute perfection.
We walked a lot on the beautiful, smooth, paved, safe sidewalks. Did I mention I forgot how much I missed sidewalks? No? Well. Wow. Who knew such a small thing would be so important to my mental health?!? Sidewalks. What a marvelous invention.
Anyway, right now I'm just trying to recover, get lots of rest (I've been in bed pretty much since we got home on Monday evening) and drink lots.
And as of Monday I was 10 weeks pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. I fully understand...get your rest! and if it's any consolation, your sweet friend E. and twins are also sick with flu right now. So tough to get thru it. I'm grateful for dry sidewalks!! Hang in there and yay for 1/4 of the way in. I'll pray for perfection health and dev'pmt for BABY #3. God is good. xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 weeks, Yes!!! how exciting!! and how wonderful to know God is knitting this new little one inside you, what a great picture.

    Will think of you when I am on the sidewalk and pray for God to provide you with a 'sidewalk' for your mental health.

    Much love,

    Mom S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!