Saturday, July 21, 2012

34 weeks!


amazing. 34 weeks already! 3 weeks until I'm full-term. at least 6 weeks until baby B comes. {at least. probably 7ish. this is what I tell myself so I can be fully prepared for another overdue baby.}

I got a free baby changing pad the other day from another mom here in Kampala. I love the interwebs. Connecting people. Gettin' free stuff. She also gave me a few baby clothes and some swaddles. Hurrah for free stuff!

on Tuesday my in-laws arrive and we're all really excited! we've been trying to make the most of "just us" family time. today we're going to MishMash again to see if my bagel and tortilla ladies are there. crossing my fingers, but not getting my hopes up. we'll see. this is africa. :)

*also check out how big baby B is! the size of durian fruit! this seems random to me, but I like it. :)

8 comments:

  1. awesome! I've seen a durian fruit in the asian mrkt dwntwn.. good thing baby B won't be prickly
    !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you keep looking cuter and cuter and I can see that "I'm-nesting-and-can't-wait-to-meet-my-baby" sparkle in your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're absolutely radiant my sweet sweet friend!!! so pleased that you'll have the support and love of family this week. love you muchly and missing you greatly! love to baby B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just reread your blog. 3 weeks til you're full term. 6-7 weeks til delivery. ANOTHER late baby. These things were just tidbits of information before, now they're scary. WHAT DO YOU MEAN 3-4 weeks overdue?!?! Was that both boys? How do you manage? Is that common? Was your mum the same? Why does it happen? Is the baby just not...ready?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you a facebook message to explain. My mom went WAAAAY overdue with me (like 17 days or something crazy which they wouldn't let you do that anymore) and it's different for every woman. And no one knows what makes women go into labour. It's like a baby+God thing. It just happens. :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!