Tuesday, July 3, 2012

31 weeks + 3 days

I had my 2nd last midwife appointment with Michele today. It went well.
Jamie dropped me off because he had to go pick up our camera that I left at a friend's house on Saturday for his trip to Manila.
Of course this was the one time I sat waiting for Michele to finish up with her previous appointment. But it did give me enough time to chill, relax and almost doze off as I waited. Because of this, my blood pressure was nice and low. So we laughed about that. I should probably come to all my appointments early enough to sit and relax for a few minutes.
We heard the heartbeat and it sounded great and we only caught the ectopic beat at the very beginning and then the heartbeat sounded perfectly fine and regular. Again, she reassured me this was nothing to worry about and I'm not. I feel good and at peace about it.
I had her go through my birth plan and help me with wording and taking things out that are irrelevant and highlighting things that will be important for me and Jamie and the baby.
I also got the results of my blood work and for the first time in 3 pregnancies, my blood levels are within a normal range! Amazing. Perhaps I'm eating more red meat living here? I'm not sure. But I'm pleased.
I'll get blood work done once more around 36 weeks to double check as well as get tested for GBS and here's hoping it's negative. But we'll see.

Jamie got off to the airport okay and we all said good-bye to him after lunch.

I think that's it. I'll have one more appointment with Michele before she leaves for the UK and I'll meet Dr. Busingye (boo-sin-jee) at that time.

My next appointment is on Jude's birthday - July 31st.


3 comments:

  1. So pleased to hear that the heartbeat and blood pressure was normal and that you're feeling at peace with the occasional ectopic beat. How are you feeling about your midwife going back to the UK? Are you nervous to meet your new Dr?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay good news with HR and blood levels! Also love your creative silhouette shot :) you're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the silhouette shadow is so creative...you're amazing m'dear! Praise God for great test results and bp!! Now to enjoy each day with the various good people around you and we'll pray for a great and safe trip for Jamie! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!