Saturday, May 5, 2012

23 weeks


So I missed last week. Sorry about that. It's been zany with all the Canadian staff & students arriving last week. But so good. I love having a full house! {As well as the ability to shut off our side of the house and go to bed when I feel tired while still allowing people to chill and have fun in our house.}

And apparently it's growth-spurt city around here! Holy moley I feel so big and my belly feels tight and a bit uncomfortable.

The whole team {Jamie, the staff and the students} left the house today before 8am so this picture had to be on a timer and then the lighting didn't turn out so hence the fancy edit. {I love PicMonkey!}

Anyway, clearly I am stalling the inevitable - working out.
The boys have their drinks, they're watching Toy Story, my workout mat and weights are out and ready to go...and I'm sitting here blogging a bump update.

I also just weighed myself although I was feeling a bit hesitant because of the growth spurt and all, but it seems I've only gained just under 4lbs. I have no idea how that's possible, but I'm not complaining.

I've been drinking a cup of coffee every day which is mostly unusual for me {I like coffee, but I'm not at the "have-to-have-my-cup-of-joe-before-you-talk-to-me" point yet}, but these days it's needed. This morning I didn't want to brew a whole pot {as it's only me, sometimes Jamie and Hannah - one of our staff - who drink it} so I made up a cup of Starbucks Via from my lovely friend Bekki who sent some over in a care package with the students. So delicious. Thanks, Bekki!

So that's that.
The wee babe is moving LOTS these days. Usually it was just in the afternoon/evening/nighttime, but lately it's been all throughout the day. Love it!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so chic (sheek?)!! I'm thinking it's only the baby that's growing...you look so tiny to me!! have that java (I got hooked during pregnancy #4) and get at those weights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I dunno what you're talking about you look great, like aside from the baby growing you look like you're shrinking! But get at those workouts :) No one ever regretted a workout once it was over with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. VANESSA STRICKLAND!!!! ur butt is tiny!! your face and ur arms are so thin! you gorgeous woman you. is it the daily workouts? is it not snacking? is it not having fatty north american foods at your finger tips? you're in better shape than me and you're 5 months in. spill the beans girl! and i love the fancy edit by the way. miss ya sweet sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!