Tuesday, May 22, 2012

under pressure

I met with Michele today for another appointment at the hospital. This time we brought the boys as well. It's always fun when people get to meet my kids. She said they were like two peas in a pod. In her British accent, of course. :)
The appointment went well apart from one thing. I have slightly high blood pressure. I've never had high blood pressure. In fact, I think my blood pressure may have once been on the minorly low side with one of my other pregnancies. I always heard my midwives say, "Oh lovely." or "Perfect." when they took my blood pressure before. But even from my first appointment with Michele, it was never even close to being "low". I started around 132/83 and stayed around that number, went down for my last appointment to something over 79 but today's was 134/93. Not good.
I admit I googled "high blood pressure in pregnancy" a few weeks ago - probably after my last appointment with Michele.
The good thing is that there is no trace of protein in my urine (a significant warning sign of pre-eclampsia) and I have no swelling thus far. I did have a bit of swelling in my hands with Jude and significant swelling in my feet with Noah so I'm just hoping for no swelling at all.
I'm not freaking out, but I am mildly concerned and trying to stay calm and just chill out. Part of me also wonders if I have mild white-coat syndrome or if being out on the roads here is just generally stressful for my body as I don't feel quite relaxed or myself when I'm at the hospital. It could also be that the boys were there too, although they weren't acting out our misbehaving or anything.
Either way, I would appreciate your prayers that my blood pressure comes down a bit and that nothing serious would arise from this.

**oh and I've now gained 9lbs! whew, growth spurt indeed!**

2 comments:

  1. Hey V. Any "thing" can be a stressful thing and sometimes all that research can make it scarier! (sometimes..) Thanks for sharing this post. Keep us updated. Love ya woman. Praying for another healthy few months for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, and as when we spoke - the salty food! just tone it down abit and avoid excess googling :) I am praying that you'll be blessed with another sweet pregnancy and child! After all, 'our God is so big, so strong and so mighty (the word Noah asked you about), there's NOTHING our God cannot do, for YOU!! just ask! love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!