Wednesday, June 6, 2012

if it's not one thing, it's another

I know. I missed this week's baby bump picture. But Jamie was away. But he's home. Hooray!
I had a midwife appointment yesterday. The good news is my blood pressure has gone back down to what it was, despite it still being higher than Michele would like to see {134/85}. But still. It went down! I'm happy with that.
The other news is that when we were listening to baby B's heartbeat Michele mentioned that she had thought she heard it last time and that this time she was pretty sure that the little "blip" sound that was coming at the same time as the "whooshing" of his heartbeat is what they call an ectopic heartbeat. She quickly reassured me that it's nothing to worry about and it can happen but usually resolves itself. She wasn't entirely clear on what it was as she said she didn't know too much about it, but again reassured me that women are told not to worry about it.
Which of course means nothing to a pregnant lady.
So I googled it when I got home. There's not too much info out there except lots of other worried mommies who end up having perfectly healthy babies.
So we'll keep monitoring it and praying for healthy growth for baby B.
I can't believe I'm in my third trimester! Where has all the time gone!?
I'm getting really excited to meet this little guy and also reading lots of stories online of accidental unassisted home births. Which I probably shouldn't. But I find them less terrifying now and more fascinating.
Who knows what this delivery will be like? I just hope it's quick and we're out of the hospital ASAP.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I was stalking this site for a photo :) but I'm glad the bp is back down! keep it up! I'll pray for Baby B's blip... I know that your sister had a heart murmur at birth and it took care of itself without concerns during the first few years! Prayer is the key! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great news about your blood pressure. Praying for another possible "worry." Agree with your mom prayer is key. Glad you are sharing these things so we know specifics for prayer for this little guy and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took care of itself??? What about those nasty pills I had to gag down before the dentist? Blech. And horridly long ultrasound appointments at the hospital, how is a kid supposed to lie still for that long? :P jk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!