Monday, August 6, 2012

pelvic pain

I really hate to complain about pregnancy related things for 2 reasons;
1. my pregnancies are generally really easy and straight-forward and I don't usually have much to complain about!
2. woman everywhere struggle to become pregnant and I am thrilled to be pregnant.
That being said, I am in pain.
My pelvic/hip joints are causing a lot of pain. I walk like a 94 year old and going from sitting to standing to walking is quite painful. It's mostly on my left side but I think because it's pelvic, it's now causing a bit of back/butt pain as well. I don't remember having this kind of pain with either of my other two pregnancies. When I was carrying Jude, I do remember it being a more difficult and cumbersome than it was with Noah near the end, but it was nothing like this. I don't know if it's better for me to lie down or sit down or walk it out.
I did a bit of research {surprise, surprise} and it's not unusual to have this kind of joint pain. Generally "walking it out" does nothing to help and usually only serves to exacerbate the condition. So for now I'm going to take it easy and not feel guilty about putting on a few more tv shows or movies for the boys {although right now they are playing quite well together} if I need to. Thankfully, Jamie's around for the next little while and we don't have anything on the agenda.
I'm not one to complain about pain in general but I am hoping that yesterday and today are just bad days and that it's not like this for the next 4 weeks or else I'm in for a rough month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!