Thursday, August 23, 2012

ready, set, GO

So the pack 'n play is set up.
Lisa {our other STINTer} is arriving on Sunday morning with the missing piece that didn't get sent with Nick {just a small pole that helps to give the bassinet section of the pack 'n play more support}. She's also arriving with this that arrived at my parents this week:


It's a nursing-friendly kaftan that I bought off Etsy! How gorgeous and comfy does that look? I thought that since I'll be just hanging out around the house for the first few days/weeks, it might be nice to wear something comfy but not shlubby or too revealing. I'm excited.

My friend Aletha dropped off the car seat that her son has outgrown and now we are ready.

Mr. Uganda can come any time he wants now. Not that I'm feeling grouchy or grumpy or impatient. I'm feeling more content like I was with Noah. Except with no fear of parenthood. Since I'm already sorta doing that. I mean, I hear horror stories of how going from 2 to 3 kids is so hard, but then in some ways, it's got to be easier, right?

After he's born there's tons of paperwork. Paperwork for our organization and healthcare in Canada. Paperwork to get him a Canadian passport. Oh paperwork. I dislike paperwork.
But we've finally got Jamie's paternity leave sorted out and I feel so much better about all that and I think it's going to work out splendidly.

Didn't end up meeting or hearing back from the doctor so I guess we're just going with my appointment next week.

And now I need to rest. I tossed and turned until 12:30 last night when I just decided to get up and play solitaire on Jamie's iPad until my eyes got heavy {it only took about 10 or so minutes. I'm so addicted to that game on his iPad, but it makes me so sleepy.}

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, it is lovely! but I agree about paperwork - not fun! best to get it done now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the pole and the gown today, thanks Mom!
      I wish we could get all the paperwork done now but unfortunately there's paperwork that can only be completed POST birth so we have to wait until he's born.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!