Saturday, March 17, 2012

16 weeks


16 weeks! So crazy. So big. But it's nice to have water to shower with and being able to exercise (due to having water).
My emotions are still all over the place (ie. I'm still cranky and can be - for lack of a better word - quite bitchy) and Jamie says that sometimes when he's called me or when we've spoken on the phone that it's like that Seinfeld episode where the girl that Jerry's dating looks nice in certain lighting but then sometimes different light falls on her and she looks hideous. Will it be "good light" Vanessa or "bad light" Vanessa?

http://youtu.be/TFeUrC2gR30 (for some reason blogger isn't allowing me to embed any videos in this blog - maybe because it's private? not sure. anyway, check out the link for more on that Seinfeld episode.)

For those curious (I was), here are my other 16 week pregnancy photos:

16 weeks with Jude

16 weeks with Noah (love those culottes!) 

I was definitely smaller with Noah, but now I'm not sure, I think I kinda look about the same as I did with Jude...that makes me feel a bit better. At least the quality of my pictures has progressively got better. 

I can't wait to find out if this little one is a boy or a girl! 
Anyone have any name suggestions? We feel like we used up all our favourite boy names and none can compare, but I guess we felt that way when I was pregnant with Jude and his name popped up and we love it just as much as Noah's. So there's hope. 

Did you know that in your first trimester you should be drinking 2 quarts of water every day and in your second trimester you should drink 3 quarts of water every day and in your third trimester you should drink 4 quarts (a gallon!) of water every single day?! Now obviously I got this from an American website but I think a quart of water is 4 cups of water? Now I think I'm doing alright, but I know I need to up my water intake for sure. And especially being in a warmer climate.

5 comments:

  1. That IS alot of water! You look amazingly good! way to go girl! it's gotta be tough to exercise in the heat and no a/c, but it's paying off!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful, and the colour of that shirt looks amazing on you. :) Sorry about the grumpies... :( Praying for that to pass quickly.

    Much love
    Bekki

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much water! I need to do better, esp cause I'm also still nursing. Tips on being motivated/remembering to drink enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked it up & 2 quarts is 2 litres or 9 cups!!! That's a LOT of water!

      Delete
  4. Stink I hate chugging water. Peeing all the time. You are definitely one of those women who just keeps getting even more beautiful with age! Also I concur I love that colour on you too! Names...I will look some up and send you some suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!