Saturday, March 24, 2012

17 weeks


17 weeks and a haircut! Gosh it feels great not to have incredibly damaged ends. The guy did a good job of the cut although at times I was a bit nervous of his approach, but all in all, I like it. And he didn't take too much off although I keep worrying it looks a lot shorter, but that's probably just coming from someone with too-long hair anyway.
The blow dry was a different story. In fact, the cut itself must have only taken about 5 minutes but he took about 40 with the blow dry. And he didn't blow dry at the roots so my roots look a little flat but then there was a slight bump coming up after the roots where he used that barrel-type brush. I fixed it up after ruffling up my roots once I left.
Jamie and I went for an afternoon date at the mall and so while I was getting my haircut he decided to get a massage. Once I finished, I went up to the massage place and the woman said he still have 45 minutes more. So I wandered around, found a bra that fits me (glory hallelujah!), went from shop to shop, texting Jamie as I went to let him know where I was and ended up buying myself a soft-serve ice cream after waiting for an hour and a half for him. It turned out to be a self-date which was kinda funny, and of course I'm not objecting to some alone time, but definitely a couple date FAIL.
I feel the baby every day and sometimes s/he is dancing (or so it feels like). It's so sweet.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you look gorgeous!!!! I forgot the hotness of preggers Vaness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha...I definitely laughed out loud at this. "the hotness of preggers Vaness". Oh Suz. I miss you. And thanks. I'm definitely feeling a lot better these days. :)

      Delete
  2. I second what Suzanne said!!!

    Wow, hot mamma.

    Um, I am secretly hoping for a girl. I approve of Jude's name choice :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa batman!!

    YOU ARE SUCH A HOT MOM!!
    AND YOUR ARMS ARE HOT!!

    sorry, i got a little excite there (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all the comments above. And great dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this time, I'm seeing the 'bump'!! you definitely are gorgeous... blooming incredibly into triple motherhood. Good job, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so beautiful my sweet sweet friend. This pic actually made me a bit teary. I'm so so pleased for you guys and after reading all your posts thus far, so excited that you will have such exciting Ugandan prego memories! Your baby will African! Amazeballs. I love you muchly and hope that you guys will be sold on a 4th! Maybe I can join you next time round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love! I Third Suz, this is a great picture... and your haircut looks great, still very long, but love the layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do there need to be any more "holy hotness" comments? I think so! WOW Ness you are beautiful! Love the dress, the hair, the smile, the jaw line, the nail polish. You should be in a pregnancy mag. WHo takes these photos? Jamie? He's doing a good job too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!