Tuesday, March 20, 2012

heart beat

I met with M {the midwife} today for a 4 month check up.
It was short and sweet as there weren't any major concerns or questions on my part.
AND...I got to hear the baby's heartbeat.
S/he was moving about and M said that the baby is quite active! It took a few seconds to find the heartbeat and for one scary moment I thought, what if she can't find it? what if there is no heartbeat? Oh those ridiculous "what ifs".
But we did hear the heart beat and I can't wait to see the baby in a couple weeks {we'll go the week after Easter}.
I think I've started feeling movements which has been so sweet.
But I've got that pinched nerve back in my left foot. The only time it ever really bothers me is when I'm kneeling on the ground to change Jude's diaper. In fact, it's so painful at this time that I can't kneel so I have to switch positions {note to self; get Jude potty trained. soon.}
We've started thinking about giving the baby a Lugandan middle name {in addition to an English middle name}. Jamie suggested it and while not initially "for it", the idea has grown on me, and I quite like it.
Once we find out the baby's gender, and decide on a name, I think we'll at least make the first name public so as to help the boys really grasp the idea of this baby as a person and as a boy or girl.


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, it's all very exciting! and I love the Lugandan middle name idea...unique. I never could do the floor for diapers...try using the bed for it..easier on your back too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo big step making that first name public haha! And I love the Lugnadan name idea too...did you like any I sent to you? Haha oh wait maybe I didn't. But that's super cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!